Someone told me today. I need to blog every day. I am NOT much of a blogger.
I don’t really have much to blog about yet except my day to day work of building my brand.
This wedding garter business was born out of my love of color. I love to sew. And I love all the couture detail of clothing of years past. My garters styles or very feminine and girly.
- Is to offer hundreds of garters styles
- all customizable in hundreds of satin colors
- interchanged with all sorts of lace, organza, and tulle. all in an array of colors.
- I want my brides to be able to have the wedding or prom garter of their dreams.
- All customized in her wedding color palette as she chooses.
As I started working things out to launch this brand.
- I sat down and planned what garter styles I wanted to offer.
- I sourced my fabrics and embellishments. And placed orders.
- The fabrics and trimmings would arrive a month later.
- I sewed up the samples.
- That took 6 months of 20 hour days….(But I got them all done)
- I made each style in all the colors I plan to offer…
I knew I would be offering them online. So next came the need for a website.
- I planned out on paper how I want the website to function.
- Then how I wanted it to look.
- I went in search of someone to build the website for me.
- I took bids
- Well, that wasn’t going to work. The lowest bid was $50,000…. yep, they said fifty THOUSAND dollars.
- So I started out with an eBay store….
That is enough for today…. If I have to write every day. I’d better keep it short.